YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION - GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
In May 2018 GDPR is introducing new legal protection for personal information. This will relate to what personal information I gather via my website, and why and what your rights are.
Therapist’s Name/Identity: Bridget Bedi SOLE SPEAK REFLEXOLOGY
Therapist’s Contact Details:
Telephone No: 07812214770 (m) / 01372 270971 (Ashtead Chiropractic Clinic)
Email address: Bridget.Bedi@Solespeak.com
Work Address: Ashtead Chiropractic Clinic, 11 Craddocks Parade, Ashtead KT21 1QL
Mobile Address: 7 Greenlake Terrace, Laleham Road, Staines Upon Thames TW18 2NU
Data Controller Contact Details: As Above
The Purpose of processing Client Data
In order to provide the best possible treatment, I will need to ask for and retain potentially sensitive information relating to your health at our initial consultation. This information I will use only for your benefit during ongoing treatments along with health and lifestyle advice suggestions. I only take basic contact details and information via my website to allow me to contact you and manage any bookings.
Lawful Basis for holding and using Client Information
The lawful basis under which I hold and use for information is my legitimate interests i.e. my requirement to retain the information in order to provide you with the best possible treatment options and advice.
As I hold special category data (i.e. health related information), the Additional Condition under which I hold and use this information is: for me to fulfil my role as a health care practitioner bound under the AoR Confidentiality as defined in the AoR Code of Practice and Ethics. I am a full member of the Association of Reflexologists (MAR).
What information I hold and what I do with it
In order to provide the best professional reflexology treatments, I will need to ask for and retain information relating to your health. I will only use this information in order to tailor your reflexology treatments along with any advice I give, as a result of your treatment.
The information to be held is:
· Your contact details
· Medical history and other health-related information
· Treatment details and related notes
I will NOT share your information with anyone else (other than within my own practice, or as required for legal process) without first explaining why it is necessary and getting your explicit consent.
How long I retain your information for
I will keep your information for the following period:
'Claims occurring' insurance: (records to be kept for 7 years after last treatment)
Law regarding children's records (records to be kept until the child is 25 or if 17 when treated, then 26)
Your data will not be transferred outside the EU without your consent.
Protecting Your Personal Data
I am committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place appropriate physical, technical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect from you.
I will only contact you using the contact preferences you give me in relation to:
GDPR gives you the following rights:
· The right to be informed:
To know how your information will be held and used (this notice).
· The right of access:
To see your therapist’s records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it.
· The right to rectification:
To tell your therapist to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
· The right to erasure (also called “the right to be forgotten”):
For you to request your therapist to erase any information they hold about you
· The right to restrict processing of personal data:.
You have the right to request limits on how your therapist uses your personal information
· The right to data portability: under certain circumstances you can request a copy of personal information held electronically so you can
reuse it in other systems.
· The right to object:.
To be able to tell your therapist you don’t want them to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes.
· Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
· The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being used in a way that you have given
permission for, or if they are being stored when they don’t have to be.
Full details of your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email Bridget.Bedi@Solespeak.com
· If you don’t agree to your therapist keeping records of information about you and your treatments, or if you don’t allow them to use the information in the way they need to for treatments, the therapist may not be able to treat you
· Your therapist has to keep your records of treatment for a certain period as described above, which may mean that even if you ask them to erase any details about you, they might have to keep these details until after that period has passed
· Your therapist can move their records between their computers and IT systems, as long as your details are protected from being seen by others without your permission.